Total 162 Posts
Hapag-Lloyd announced on 10 March 2022 that it has signed an agreement to acquire the container shipping business of Deutsche Afrika-Linien (DAL), subject to regulatory approvals. (Updated : Hapag-Lloyd announced on 1 June 2022 that the acquisition has been finalised after securing the approval of anti-trust authorities.) The Hamburg headquartered DAL owns a single 6,589 teu container ship DAL KALAHARI and operates a container fleet of 17,800 owned and leased container which will be taken ov
The beat came mainly from the higher freight rates (+12% QoQ versus ours 7% QoQ) secured by ZIM during the past quarter, which leads to $400m higher top line.
PIL has announced that it will cease to use the Advance Container Line (ACL) brand name from 15 March 2022. ACL was established in 1995 by PIL to provide container feeder services in Southeast Asia and Indian sub-continent. These services were provided in conjunction with various partners including Samudera, HR Lines, GSL, COSCO, OOCL, MTT Shipping, ONE, Evergreen and CNC. Apart from PIL's own feeder cargoes, ACL also provided feeder services to other Main Line Operators (MLOs). All of its e
ZIM’s strong QoQ earning growth may pause in the 21Q4 results to be announced in March. The financial market analysts expect ZIM to deliver another 10-15% QoQ growth against our estimate of potentially 15% QoQ drop in 21Q4 net profit. First, volume carried by ZIM could be lower than expected.
OOIL is likely to report net profit over $5bn for 2H21 and $8.3bn for FY21, in our estimates, beating the average consensus estimates. OOIL reported $2.8bn as net profit for 1H21. In 2H21, revenue increased $2.7bn HoH, driven primarily by the increase in average freight rates...
China United Lines (CUL) have launched a bid for an initial public offering (IPO) on the Hong Kong stock exchange. It filed an initial application on 31 January 2022, with proceeds from the IPO to be used to fund new ships and further overseas expansion. CUL was established in 2005 and is currently based in Shanghai. The company is controlled by Raymond Chen Hong Hui (through interests held by his spouse) and is currently 80% owned by Chen and 20% by Guangzhou Port. It reported total revenues
The Korean Fair Trade Commission has imposed a fine of KRW 96.23B on 23 carriers operating on the South Korea-Southeast Asia route. The decision and corrective order were announced on 18 January 2022 and pertains to price fixing allegations against the carriers on the SE Asia route between 2003 and 2018 through the IADA (Intra-Asia Discussion Agreement) and the Korea-Southeast Asian Shipping Association (Dongjeonghyeop). The FTC investigation found 120 cases of price setting conducted through a
"The strong result in the quarter reflects the continuation of the exceptional market situation within Ocean caused by the global disruptions to the supply chains, which have led to further increase in container freight rates." Maersk new release, 14 January 2022
The Samra Midas (SM) group has built a small stake in HMM, after its wholly owned subsidiary SM Line added 613,438 shares in HMM for $14m on 29 December 2021, bringing its holdings to 2.41m shares or 0.49%. Another SM Group company, bulk carrier operator Korea Shipping holds 2.15m HMM shares, or 0.44%, bring the SM Group's total shareholdings in HMM to 0.93%. The move comes after SM Line ditched plans to raise up to KRW 846 Bn ($722m) from an initial public offering (IPO) on 3 November 2021. SM
MSC has acquired a 67% stake in Log-In Logistica on 21 Jan 2022